Πέμπτη 4 Νοεμβρίου 2010

Home Work - The TP Flower Project

Ευχαριστώ το σάιτ http://tali-schiffer-oren.blogspot.com/2010/09/home-work-tp-flower-project.html

Home Work - The TP Flower Project

Some months ago I stumbled upon a really fun DIY with your kids blog post. While I have no kids, I still thought of saving that post and perhaps even try it myself one day (with or without kids...). Time passed and I completely forgot about it, until about a couple of months ago when I was going through my never ending "bookmarked web links" and I found it again. This time I left that page open and started working on it. At first I had to save every empty toilet paper roll. My someone thought I was crazy. His mom actually got interested (as I didn't tell anyone what was I going to do with all those TP rolls), and a few weeks ago my someone came home from his parents' with a bag full of empty TP rolls. Now I was ready to start.


Then I took that entire pile of rolls, folded them, and cut them into thin strips


Next step was to create flower like shapes that connect to each other





Now that I had a general design, it was time to glue each flower. Every 5 petals were glued together to form a flower. I used cloths pins to hold them together while the glue dried




I decided to paint some of the flowers light blue (using the left-over paint from our blue line project), and then leave the rest of the flowers in their natural look


Now that the flowers were all glued and painted, all that was left to do was to glue the flowers to each other and create a flowing connected design








My someone and I decided to hang it on the wall next to our TV. As always, my someone was in charge of the hammer while I was in charge of the photo taking...




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...